CHARVEL ELECTRIC GUITARS AND BASSES 2-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Effective January 1st, 2022
Fender warrants this Charvel brand electric guitar or bass to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for two (2) years from the date of original purchase, subject to the limitations set forth herein (“Limited Warranty”), This Limited Warranty applies only to the original retail purchaser when this instrument is purchased from an Authorized Charvel Dealer and is subject to the limitations set forth herein. IMPORTANT: PLEASE RETAIN YOUR ORIGINAL SALES RECEIPT, AS IT IS YOUR PROOF OF PURCHASE VALIDATING THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
Fender has established a network of independent Authorized Charvel Service Centers for warranty service. The Charvel Dealer from whom you purchased your electric guitar or bass may also be authorized for warranty service and should be the first point of contact when service of any kind is required for your Charvel electric guitar or bass. To receive warranty service, return the complete instrument to an Authorized Charvel Service Center, with your sales receipt as proof of purchase, during the applicable Limited Warranty period. To the extent feasible, defective components that qualify for coverage under this Limited Warranty will be repaired or replaced (at Fender's discretion) without charge. If the qualified component is not repaired, Fender may, at its sole discretion, either replace with a comparable product or refund the purchase price. Remedies beyond normal service repair of any Charvel instrument require both an evaluation and confirmation of the defect and a direct recommendation to Fender from an Authorized Charvel Service Center for alternative considerations.
All transportation, insurance and freight charges associated with warranty service and repairs on Charvel electric guitars or basses are the responsibility of the purchaser, as is any service initiated for the purpose of customizing setups or adjustments beyond factory specifications. Initial standard setup and adjustment of the instrument and its components at the time of purchase are considered normal Dealer product preparation and are not covered by this Limited Warranty.
Limitations and exclusions
The following items are not covered by this Limited Warranty.
- Fret wear, saddle wear, nut wear, strings and batteries.
- Checking, shrinking, sinking, discoloration and ware of lacquer finishes.
- Setups, adjustments or routine maintenance of any kind.
- Damage to finishes or cracks, splitting, or warpage of wood due to changes in temperature or humidity, exposure to or contact with sun, fire, moisture, body salts and acids of perspiration, guitar straps, guitar stands/hangers made from vinyl, plastic, rubber or other synthetic materials, any other chemicals or non- Charvelapproved polishes.
- Damage, corrosion or rusting of any hardware components caused by humidity, salty air, or exposure to the moisture, body salts and acids of perspiration.
- Any damage to an instrument resulting from customization or modification.
- Normal wear and tear on any part of the instrument, case or gig bag including jacks, controls, switches, plated surfaces, tuning machines, pick-guards, zippers, clasps, handles, latches, case hardware etc.
- All other damage and deterioration due to normal usage, wear and tear, aging, accidents, neglect, abuse, or Acts of Nature.
- Any instrument, whose serial number is missing, altered or tampered with in any fashion.
- Any instrument purchased from anyone other than an Authorized Charvel Dealer.
- Instruments that have been serviced by unauthorized persons (any person other than a Charvel Certified Technician at an Authorized Charvel Service Center).
THE FOREGOING CONSTITUTES THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY FENDER WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCTS AND IS MADE EXPRESSLY IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER
WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. Any implied warranties, including without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose, imposed under state law are limited to the duration of this Limited Warranty. In so far as such warranties cannot be disclaimed, Fender limits the duration and remedies of such warranties to the duration of this express warranty and, at Fender’s option, to the repair, replacement or refund described herein. Some states, provinces, or countries do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not be applicable to you.
FMIC ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR PROPERTY DAMAGE RESULTING FROM FAILURE OF THIS PRODUCT NOR ANY LOSS OF INCOME, SATISFACTION, OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE LOSS OF USE OF SAME DUE TO DEFECTS OR AVAILABILITY OF SAME DURING SERVICE.
THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE (OR BY COUNTRY OR PROVINCE). OTHER THAN AS PERMITTED BY LAW, FENDER DOES NOT EXCLUDE, LIMIT OR SUSPEND OTHER RIGHTS YOU MAY HAVE, INCLUDING ANY RIGHTS UNDER CONSUMER PROTECTION LAWS THAT CANNOT BE LAWFULLY CHANGED OR EXCLUDED. FURTHER, FENDER DOES NOT EXCLUDE, LIMIT OR SUSPEND OTHER RIGHTS YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST THE PERSON WHO SOLD THE CHARVEL ELECTRIC GUITAR OR BASS TO YOU IF THAT PERSON HAS BREACHED THEIR SALES CONTRACT WITH YOU. FOR A FULL UNDERSTANDING OF YOUR RIGHTS YOU SHOULD CONSULT THE LAWS OF YOUR COUNTRY, PROVINCE OR STATE.
FOR CONSUMERS IN AUSTRALIA
Fender Music Australia Pty Ltd [ACN 613 081 191]
The benefits conferred by this warranty are in addition to all other statutory rights in respect of this Charvel electric guitar or bass which the consumer may have under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and/or other applicable laws.
NOTICE TO ALL AUSTRALIA CONSUMERS
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
NOTE: This Limited Warranty applies only to Charvel electric guitars or basses sold by an Authorized Charvel Dealer after January 1, 2022.
EFFECTIVE DATE: JANUARY 1, 2022
Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
Toll Free: (800) 856-9801 Local: (480) 596-7195 email@example.com www.charvelguitars.com
Fender Ventas de Mexico S. de R.L. de C.V.
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and UK
Fender Musical Instruments Europe Limited
+44 13 4233 1700 firstname.lastname@example.org
Fender Music KK Japan
+81 0120 1946 63
Fender Music Australia PTY LTD
+612 9666 5077
Contact Authorized Charvel Distributor